What To Expect
The Design-Build Process
Permits & Final Decisions
1-8 Weeks After Initial Meetings
Specification & Final Budget
- Material selections are made and solidified
- Detailed specifications developed
- Final budget developed
- Construction schedule created
- Construction package presented to client
- Construction contract reviewed and signed
- Obtain building permits
Post Construction Checks
4 Weeks After Construction Completed
Quality is not just using the best in construction, it is returning to make sure that everything is as it is supposed to be.
After construction we visit each home and remodel to ensure our highest standards are met.
2-4 Weeks From First Contact
1st Meeting || Budget & Details
- Discussion of Site Info – Clarify site details and acquire additional information (topography, geotechnical engineering, etc) as required
- Basic design, specification, and budget review to clarify the general direction
2nd Meeting || Design Presentation
- Create conceptual model
- Presentation and client review of conceptual model
- Designer modifies as required for client satisfaction
3rd Meeting || Finalizing Plans & Budget
- Formulate and present preliminary budget and specifications on client approved conceptual model
- Designer modifies design & specifications as required
- Designer proceeds with construction plan documents which include all permit ready plans and engineering
- Upon completion of Plan Documents:
- Plans submitted to local City/County jurisdiction for plans review
- Specifications & Budget development
Our decades of experience, combined with choosing the best subcontractors, helps us to minimize the disruption to your home life and complete projects smoothly.
Kaufman Homes has always aspired to go above and beyond any industry standards regarding warranties.
As a part of our commitment to excellence and our desire to always “do the right thing”, Kaufman Homes has consistently fixed problems for our customers beyond the industry standard 1 year limited warranty.
Our long history of service and positive feedback from our many customers has given us the confidence in our workmanship, services, and what we build, to offer a 5 year limited warranty on our new custom homes.
Tell us about your project.
What is Quality Home Construction?
- First, it starts with honesty and integrity.
- Quality is the merging of good design and decorating with appropriate products and materials — installed with superior workmanship. Kaufman Homes contracts with only the finest Custom Home craftsman and subcontractors, and the most reputable suppliers in our region.
- There is a vast difference in products and workmanship. And that, along with amenity level, is what drives the cost of any project — from a bathroom remodel to a new custom home. A good example is the different quality levels of framing expertise and materials, including: the grade of studs, rafters and trusses.
- Installation of all products greatly determines how well the home will hold up over an extended period of time.
- Vary any of the above factors of quality products, amenities and workmanship and you can have a big difference in price — and a different “Custom” Home project.
- Kaufman Homes has the reputation of providing the Customer the “best” value for the price by blending what the Customer wants with the appropriate quality materials and the highest quality of workmanship.